The ECAR-CLOUD Working Group is developing this series of seven papers, Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud. The sixth paper, Cloud Awareness and User Support, outlines how institutions can address end-user support, end-user documentation, user training, and community outreach in the cloud.
PROFILE: Recognized thought leader in the Indiana University IT community with a proven record of bringing people together to share knowledge, innovate, and create solutions of mutual benefit. Energetic promoter of collaboration, communication and cooperation across units and campuses, leveraging existing technologies while actively helping to test and inform the development of new systems. Bob is currently involved in helping advance the exploration and adoption of cloud technologies at Indiana University and around the higher education community.
- Indiana University, UITS Client Services and Support October 2014-Present Manager, Cloud Technology Support
- Internet2 November 2011-June 2012 Lead Project Manager, Net+ Box Cloud Service Integraion;
- Indiana University November 2011-Present Project Manager Indiana University Box Implementation
- Indiana University, UITS Client Services and Support January 2009-October 2014 Manager, IT Community Partnerships
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business September 2000-January 2009 Graduate Accounting Programs and Information Systems Graduate Programs Associate Director of Information Systems Technology
- Indiana University, UITS Education Program (IT Training) September 1998-September 2000 Education Specialist and Acting Assistant Manager
- Indiana University, UITS Student Technology Consulting September 1997-September 1998 Consultant Administrator
Experience Prior to 1997 includes Visiting Instructor of Russian at Indiana University, Ohio University and University of Kentucky; Instructor of English at Jozsef Attila Gimnazium (Ozd, Hungary) and Berzsenyi Daniel Gimnazium (Budapest, Hungary); Assistant Director of the Indiana University Summer Workshop in Slavic and East European and Central Asian Languages
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES: ECAR Cloud Working Group, Box HED Advisory Board, Box Product Advisory Board, AWS/DLT HED Advisory Board, Google HED Advisory Board, MOR Associates IT Leadership Program December 2009
This paper is the seventh and final installment in a series on Preparing the IT Organization for the Cloud from the ECAR Cloud Working Group.
Operationalizing the Cloud, addresses cloud computing risks and how to operationalize the cloud. Most colleges and universities have moved at least some services to the cloud, while others have built out large-scale cloud environments. Ensuring that these services effectively align with an institution’s needs requires careful planning and ongoing management.
EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Joint Cloud Working Group
ECAR Cloud Working Group