Little did I realize that my work as a part-time college student would lead to a life-long career. I began as a camera operator for the College of Engineering at the University of Florida where we recorded the graduate engineering classes that were sent to companies throughout Florida, allowing their engineers to earn an advanced degree. This led to my first job with Florida International University where I opened their first studio classroom to be used to deliver FIU graduate engineering courses throughout the state. Over my 34 years in higher education, I have held a variety of positions and jobs. Here are just a few of the highlights:
* Technology leadership and support for the MDC Virtual College
* Blackboard Learn System Admin
* Member of the ERP (Peoplesoft) implementation team with Campus Solutions pillar. Creating the college catalog, working with schedule of classes, validating data, and the lead for student records data migration from legacy to PeopleSoft.
* Cost-effective project management of the integration of new media in 90 existing classrooms as part of a university-wide strategic initiative. Partnering with Facilities which was extended to complete the remaining 36 general classrooms.
* Media design and consultation for university capital projects' AV integrations partnering with Facilities and project vendors.
* Groundbreaking producer/director for several first-time initiatives at Florida International University, such as the first satellite uplink, the first streamed video of Governor Jeb Bush signing the declaration for the opening of the FIU College of Law.
* Producer/director for VIP projects including President George H.W. Bush visit, His Holiness The Dalai Lama's visits, videoconferences and video recordings for Governor Jeb Bush, and others.
* Produced the first Commencement video for sale for graduates.
* Implemented a streamlined procedure for paperwork and billing for video projects.
* Led a diverse staff of 44 members in five teams.
* Created the first Faculty-focused Resource Center for Educational Technology where faculty can drop by to work and get support with teaching technologies.