In a surprise to some members of the advanced networking community in the U.S., artists are clamoring to use high-bandwidth networks to explore whether there are spatial limits to art.
Don is higher education technology leader well versed in AV, broadcasting, live and recorded video production, and teaching. Experienced in the study of virtual environments, video games, and accessibility. Don is the Director of UCF’s nationally recognized Office of Instructional Resources, which is responsible for AV design, consultation, integration and engineering, project management, end-user support and training, and planning for the university.
Don is also the current President of the Educational Technology Collaborative (ETC, https://etcollaborative.org/). The mission of ETC is to provide leadership and a forum for information exchange to the providers of media content, academic technology, and support for quality teaching and learning at institutions of higher education. To learn more about ETC's mission, click here.
Areas of Expertise:
- Accessibility, diversity, inclusion
- Organizational management and budgeting
- Strategic planning and leadership
- Teaching, training, and staff development
- Educational technology and administration
- Multimedia and AV production, support, and broadcasting
- Videoconferencing, remote collaboration
- Facilities planning, scheduling, and management
- Public speaking, partnerships, and collaboration
- Non-profit leadership