Ken Adkins is the Director of Business Systems Support for the Business and Finance division at Eastern Michigan University. The department:
* Manages the divisions desktop support activities.
* Provides liaison services for the Business and Finance division to ICT administrators to achieve university, division and unit goals.
* Primary areas of responsibility include financial, physical plant operations and student business services information systems.
* Provides consultation assistance to Human Resources and their business systems.
* Directs the planning and improvement of administrative applications as they relate to Business and Finance and their impact to the divisions services and functions.
* Oversees the administration of security and scheduling functions for assigned business applications and modules.
* Provides reporting for administrative university systems.
The division recently implemeted the Banner Time Entry solution. Some of the divisions current efforts inlcude improving the various methods for purchasing, security across the campus and financial reporting. The division is also evaluating Finance Self Services, workflow and imaging.