Founded DropThought Education, a real-time student feedback and text analytics business vertical:
1) Designed/brought product to market
2) Grew to 380 institutions with freemium users and 60 campuses enterprise–wide in 18 months
3) Established revenue streams in academics, students services, and events
4) Developed national/international channel sales partnerships
• Currently, a Senior Product Manager for Hobosons in their Predictive Analtyics Reporting Division
• Award-winning entrepreneur, product designer, and instructional designer with 12 years experience in the education and corporate learning markets
• Ph.D. candidate, Instructional Psychology and Technology, BYU (2016): examining the effects of formative feedback on learning and student success
• I enjoy time with my wife and three children at home in the Bay Area and occasionally find time to write a song on the guitar.
Please see my LinkedIn Profile for more detail: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-atkisson/5/187/357
I presented at The First International Conference of Learning Analytics and Knowledge 2011 with David Wiley. Atkisson, M., & Wiley, D. (2011). Learning analytics as interpretive practice: applying Westerman to educational intervention. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge, LAK 11 (pp. 117-121). New York, NY, USA: ACM. doi:10.1145/2090116.2090133 http://blip.tv/solaresearch/3-david_wiley-5691890
I also was the 2015 Teacher Tank Startup Competition Winner at the Online Learning International Symposium, A Joint Symposium of the Online Learning Consortium and MERLOT.