Patrick Burns has been employed by Yavapai College (YC) since 1997 and currently holds the position of Chief Information Officer. He is responsible for the management and oversight of all district technology and related personnel.
Basic Facts About Yavapai College
- 6 Campuses: Chino Valley, CTEC, Prescott, Prescott Valley, Sedona, Verde Valley
- On-campus housing in Prescott with 2 residence halls
- 4 NJCCA Division I teams: Men's Soccer and Baseball, Women's Volleyball and Softball
- Classes meet days, evenings, weekends, and online. 1/3 of enrollment is online.
- Service Area - Yavapai County is one of Arizona’s four original counties and encompasses 8,123 square miles – an area greater than New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, or Hawaii.
- Implementations: Banner, Cognos, Canvas, Office 365, CollegeNet, Home-Grown Portal, SSO, etc.
- YC IT Team consists of 32 full-time employees
- YC has heavy investments in virtualization (including VDI), telepresence, and smart classrooms.
- Former President of the Arizona Community College Technology Officers group
- Former Vice President of the Yavapai County Educational Technology Consortium
- Member of Arizona Data Governance Commission
- EDUCAUSE Ryland Fellow
Mr. Burns holds a B.S. in Marketing from the State University of New York - College at Oswego as well as a M.Ed from Northern Arizona University.