BiographyRobyn Betts, PMP, MBA, has been working within IT in the Marketing and Higher Education industries for 14 years. She is a seasoned change manager, with experience leading teams through software, infrastructure, and strategy and business process projects across the organization.
Most recently, she has been working with business units and stakeholders across campus, IT staff, and the CIO to set up Babson's first Project Management Office. Through this endeavor, she has helped to bring a culture of project management to Babson. This includes:
* Building a project management office; introducing and instilling the discipline of project management at Babson
* Driving successful planning and implementation of projects at Babson
* Defining and implementing Project Portfolio Management (PPM) practices
* Creating a project prioritization model that directly includes stakeholders
* Building and leading a team of direct report and matrixed project managers and business analysts
* Standardizing the tools, templates, and processes used to manage projects
* Allocating and managing IT resources
* Managing highly strategic initiatives for the College
Types of projects that fall within the Project Management Office include custom enterprise web development, 3rd party software and hardware implementations, data migration and management, business and process analysis or overhaul, and consulting.